The City of Enid is an active participant in the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), as an Entitlement Community, which is funded directly through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and also recipients of other HUD funded grant programs. The CDBG is part of the Annual Consolidated Plan process for Housing and Community Development. The City of Enid has complied with Federal regulations by adopting a written plan for citizen participation. This committee is responsible for assisting the Mayor and Board of Commissioners with recommendations for the annual allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, by following the Citizen Participation Plan approved and adopted by the City of Enid.
- Follow the Citizen Participation Plan approved and adopted by the City of Enid
- Implement the following funding philosophy:
- Fund project adequately to accomplish the objectives. Project must be completed within the contract period.
- Projects that can be completed with little overhead, administration, or expenses taken out provide a better return on investment.
- The number of people served and the primacy of the need addressed by the project should be considered.
- The track record of the applicant is material. Past performance should be taken into consideration, if funding organization more than once in a lifetime.
- Projects and activities must be an identified priority within the City of Enid's Five-Year Consolidated Plan.
- Present recommendations to the Mayor and Board of Commissioners for allocations of the annual allotment of CDBG funds
Board Membership and Qualifications: Consists of five members appointed by the Mayor and Board of Commissioners, to include two commissioners and three at-large members.
Terms of Office: The terms of members shall be staggered, two members shall be appointed for a term of three years, two members for a term of two years, and one member for a term of one year. Members shall be eligible for reappointment to successive terms. Terms will run until October of the applicable year.
Staff Member Assigned: Stephanie Moffitt, CDBG Grant Administrator, (580) 616-7211
|Ward 1 Commissioner Jerry Allen||(Commission Representative)|
|Ward 2 Commissioner Derwin Norwood||(Commission Representative)|
|Ward 4 Commissioner Jonathan Waddell||(Commission Representative)|
Meeting dates for 2020:
|DATE||TIME||PLACE OF MEETING|
|January 9, 2020||4:00 P.M.||Conference Room A|
|March 19, 2020||5:30 P.M.||Council Chambers|
|March 31, 2020||4:00 P.M.||Conference Room A|
|*April 21, 2020||6:30 P.M.||
|*May 5, 2020||6:30 P.M.||
(Approval of Final Plan, Mayor & Board of Commissioners)
|December 10, 2020||5:00 P.M.||Council Chambers|
All meetings will be held in the City Administration Building, 401 West Owen K. Garriott Road, Enid, OK 73701.
Community Development Block Grant Application: