SECURITY WARNING AND DISCLAIMER
WARNING: This free Service is an open network provided for your convenience and its use is at your own risk. It is available to the general public, and is NOT INHERENTLY SECURE. The providers and the City of Enid cannot and do not guarantee the privacy of your data and communication while using this Service.
There are potentially serious issues with any computer connected to the Internet without the appropriate security protection, ranging from viruses, worms and other programs that can damage the user’s computer, to attacks on the computer by unauthorized or unwanted third parties. By using this Service, you acknowledge and knowingly accept these potentially serious risks of accessing the Internet over an unsecured network. It is recommended that users take steps to protect their own computer system, such as installing current anti-virus software and maintaining appropriate firewall protection on their computer devices. For further information on how to protect your computer devices while using this open network, consult a security professional.
By using this Service, you acknowledge and agree that YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Also, by using the Service, you agree to all terms set forth in the following Disclaimer.
- Service is provided “AS IS.” This Service provides access to the Internet on an “as is” basis with all the risks inherent in such access. The providers of the Service and the City of Enid make no warranty that the Service, or that any information, software, or other material accessible on the Service, is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful components. By connecting to the Service, the user acknowledges and accepts the risks associated with public access to the Internet and public use of an unsecured wireless network.
- Service is provided “AS AVAILABLE.” The Service is provided on an “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No advice or information given by the City of Enid, providers, affiliates, or contractors of the Service, or their respective employees, shall create such a warranty.
- Indemnity and Hold Harmless. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the providers of the Service, including affiliates, agents, and contractors thereof, from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) that result in any way from the user’s use of, or inability to use, the Service, or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or user’s reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the Service and/or any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission, or any failure of performance, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, or any violation of any third party’s rights or a violation of law or regulation.
- Materials. The City of Enid does not control, nor is it responsible or liable for, data, content, services, or products (including software) that you access, download, receive or buy via the Service. The Internet may provide access to content you consider harmful to minors, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate. If you wish to limit access to such content, there are a number of commercially available products that can help you do so. We may, but do not have to, block information, transmissions or access to certain information, services, products or domains to protect us, our network, the public or our users. Therefore, messages and other content may be deleted before delivery. The Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be offensive to you. We are not a publisher of third party content accessed through the Service and are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness or delivery of any opinions, advice, statements, messages, services, graphics, data or any other information provided to or by third parties as accessible through the Service.
- Third Party Issues. You are responsible for paying all fees and charges of third party vendors whose sites, products or services you access, buy or use via the Service. If you choose to use the Service to access web sites, services or content, or purchase products from third parties, your personal information may be available to the third-party provider. How third parties handle and use your personal information related to their sites and services is governed by their security, privacy and other policies (if any) and not the City of Enid. The City of Enid has no responsibility for third party provider policies, or compliance with those policies. If you elect to download into your Device or otherwise enable any software, including any "client" designed to facilitate your access of the Service, you shall be solely responsible for, and shall be deemed to have reviewed and, to the extent applicable, acknowledged, accepted or waived, any disclosures, notices or options otherwise made available to you for viewing as part of the log-in process for the Service.