The City of Enid Youth Job Corps Program is an annual eight week workshop that provides high school students with a unique opportunity to gain hands on work experience while learning the behind the scenes operations of city government.
The program began in 2009 and takes place each summer.
Just a few of the student experiences include:
- Meeting with the City Manager to discuss the principles of municipal government.
- Attending City Commission meetings.
- Riding in a trash truck.
- Assisting with the care of animals in Animal Control.
- Answering calls at the City Hall reception desk.
- Studying the basics of the City of Enid’s budget.
- Conducting code inspections on properties.
And much more!