Enid Transit offers an on demand-response system for the general public. It is our goal to provide safe, reliable, and affordable transportation in Enid and to surrounding areas in Oklahoma.
Transportation service is curb-to-curb; we come to your location and bring you to where you need to go in Enid for $2 per trip when requested in advance (or $5 per trip for same day service beginning January 1, 2014.)
Rides can be requested through this website on the Request a Bus Ride menu tab to the left side of the page, or by downloading the free phone app Enid Support Mobile through your app provider, or on the automated phone system (580) 233-7433. Rides are scheduled depending on space available and availability cannot be guaranteed. We recommend submitting your ride request at least one day in advance.
For general information and questions about our service call James Neal (580) 616-7356 or Mark Anzalone (580) 616-7358. This will avoid having the dispatcher place you on hold and allow the dispatcher to focus on taking calls for riders.
Fares in Enid – updated January 1, 2014
- $2.00 Per Ride when made at least one business day in advance
- $5.00 Per Ride for same day service
- Children (Ages 6-11): $1.00 One child, 11 and under, may ride free with one adult fare. More than 1 child pays $1.00 each; see Services to Children below.
- Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) will be charged the same fee per ride as other riders;$2 with preset rides, $5 with same day service.
The dispatch office is closed on Saturdays. All Saturday rides must be made al least one day in advance.
EPTA Operating Hours:
Enid Transit provides service within Enid city limits, 6 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday.
Dispatch hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. The dispatch office is closed on Saturdays. All Saturday rides must be made al least one day in advance.
To schedule a ride during office hours please submit a ride request at least one hour prior to the time of your requested trip.
Rides before 9 am must be requested by 4:00 pm the previous business day (Monday-Friday). Rides after 5 pm must be requested by 4:00 pm that same day (Monday-Friday).
- Transit office hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Dispatch (ride scheduling hours) 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (closed Sat and Sun)
- Enid Transit Bus Operating hours 6 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Saturday (all Saturday travel must be prescheduled by the previous business day)
- Closed Sundays
- Enid Public Transportation Authority will shut down operations between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. This time period will be used by EPTA staff for training and administrative meetings.
Other Destinations: Enid Transit can arrange transportation to surrounding areas in Oklahoma.
View Out of Town Travel page (click tab on left side menu) for fare rates and information to these destinations.
- Woodring Airport $5.00 (For flights into/out of Enid)
- Oklahoma City ( Will Rogers, Amtrak, Greyhound, and MetroTrans of OKC)
- Tulsa (Greyhound, Jefferson & Tulsa Transit, Tulsa Int'l Airport)
- Perry ( Greyhound, Jefferson Bus Lines)
Services to Children
Minors aged 12 and older may ride unaccompanied on Enid Transit. Children aged six to 11 must be accompanied by a responsible sibling or companion of at least 12 years of age. Children aged five and younger must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
For children weighing less than 40 pounds, the accompanying adult must provide and properly utilize an approved child restraint seat.
Services to the Disabled
All vehicles utilized by Enid Transit comply with Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines for public transportation. When you schedule a ride with Enid Transit please let us know if you will be traveling with a walker, wheelchair, power chair or scooter, and/or a personal care assistant. Power chairs and scooters with a wheel base wider than 30 inches must be serviced by our hydraulic lift buses. Chair and rider combinations in excess of 600 pounds cannot be transported by Enid Transit due to weight limitations on our equipment. Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) will be charged the same fee per ride as the rider they are accompanying.
1502 W Poplar
Enid, Oklahoma 73703
Dispatch: 580-233-RIDE (7433)
Administrative Office: 580-616-7357
Hearing Impaired: 800-522-8506