There is a plan for future street widening by year, however it is a plan that can change annually based on funding available from both the local and State level and many other factors. The plan calls for using matching federal funds to widen Willow Road (from Cleveland Ave to Oakwood Road) and Cleveland Street (from Maple to Willow Road). The plan is to go after a project every 3 years with a schedule as follows:
- Willow Road, Cleveland to Oakwood Rd. 2016
- Chestnut and Cleveland intersection 2016
- Cleveland St, maple to Chestnut 2020
- Cleveland St, Chestnut north 1/2 mile 2023
- Cleveland St, Willow south 1/2 mile 2026
In addition to widening projects there is the major arterial street overlay program every year. The specific projects are identified annually so that information will be available each year, but the major streets to be considered in the future include: Broadway (from Van Buren to University).
Also there is the local Street reconstruction projects annually, that are determined based on street conditions and appropriations.
Further, the five year plan proposes the widening of:
- Randolph (from Cleveland St. to Oakwood Road)
- Oakwood Rd. (from Chestnut to Willow)
- Garland Rd and Randolph intersection
However, these are again dependent on funding and therefore no schedule is currently available.