- Community Intervention Center (comprising of 8 CIC Attendant)
- Juvenile Services Program (comprising of 2 Juvenile Mentors)
Community Intervention Center
The Community Intervention Center (CIC) is facility which is housed within the Enid Police Department. It operates twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, for the temporary detainment of juveniles arrested by law enforcement for misdemeanor and non-violent felony offenses. It is partially funded through a contract with the State of Oklahoma, Office of Juvenile affairs. The main functions of the CIC is to:
- Provide immediate and appropriate consequences when a juvenile allegedly commits a misdemeanor or non-violent felony offense.
- Increases a police officer’s time in the field by supervising juveniles until parents arrive to pick up their child.
- Provides a database to assist police, juvenile courts, prosecutors and other appropriate service agencies.
- Refers families to needed social services
- Provides screening, initial assessment, pre-court assessments, to assist courts in treatment planning.
Juvenile Services Program
The Juvenile Services Program was established to help juveniles who have committed misdemeanor offenses in the city of Enid to experience consequences for their actions, make restitution for their crime, and get on the right path toward becoming a productive citizen of Enid, Oklahoma. It provides direct supervision of juveniles who have been ordered by the municipal court judge to perform community service for the City of Enid.
- Prepare documentation (daily progress reports and completion reports) and make available for juvenile court re-appearances.
- Transport juveniles in a safe manner to the appropriate locations for community service projects.
- Assist and perform community service work alongside juveniles to model behavior such as work quality and ethics and assure that safety procedures are followed.
- Teach various skills to juveniles to include custodial, lawn care, basic gardening, and other skills as necessary for community projects.