The Administrative Services Captain serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Chief and succeeds to command during the Chief's absence.
Captain Skaggs duties include:
- Budgeting of revenues, purchases, and approving expenditures
- Planning of Police Facility Project
- Administration of drug testing
- Technical development, planning and research
- Collection of court-ordered restitution
- Staff Inspection
- Building Maintenance and equipment inventory control
- Professional Standards Investigation Administration
- Federal Grant Administration
Captain is also responsible for overseeing the ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children) unit, and the sex offender program.