The Collection @ Your Library
The Library has books, videos, audio books, music cd's, computers, maps, microfilm, magazines, and specialized collections. There are over 80,000 items listed in our catalog.
- Books: Most books in the library check out for a period of three (3) weeks. New books may be on a seven (7) day check out cycle. Reference books and books in the Oklahoma Collection in the Marquis James Room do not check out.
- Audio Books: Limited to 6 items, 3 week check out.
- Videos & Music CDs: 7 day check out and limited to 4 items
- Kits: Limited to 2 items
Special Collections @ your library
- For Parents & Teachers: Materials covering parenting, needs of home schooled children, and educational activities for use by daycare providers are among the special collections in the children's area.
- Large Print: Books of fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, and westerns are located on the east side of the first floor.
- Oklahoma History: In the Marquis James Room a collection of information about Oklahoma, especially the northwestern area, is maintained.
- Genealogy: Genealogical materials are housed on the 2nd floor for the use of local and visiting researchers.
- Spanish Language: A collection of materials written in Spanish is available.
Children's Services @ Your Library
Storytime: Every Wednesday morning in the Great Plains Room; check the events Calendar for times.
Summer Reading Program: Each year in June and July a reading program for kids and teens is held in the library. Each week the library hosts craft sessions and other programs. Come by the Library to get the complete schedule in May.
Day Care Program: To receive day care visits by the Children's Librarian, contact us at 580-234-6313.
Teen Services @ Your Library
Programs for teens include book discussions, craft programs, game nights, and a volunteer group.
Adult Services @ Your Library
Reference Services: Reference assistance is available when the library is open. Staff will be glad to assist patrons with locating appropriate materials and an explanation in the use of the resources.
- Telephone questions are accepted. The phone number at the Reference Services Desk is 580-234-6313.
- Genealogical information requests should be directed to the Garfield County Genealogy Society. See their web site at http://www.garfieldokgen.org. The library will do obituary searches for a small fee.
- E-mail requests may be sent to email@example.com.
Programs: The Library will sponsor adult programs and intergenerational programs throughout the year. Suggestions for program topics are welcomed.
Interlibrary Loan Services @ Your Library
The Public Library of Enid and Garfield County provides access to materials not owned by this library, but available at other libraries, through the Interlibrary Loan Service. We request that people limit interlibrary loan requests to no more than ten items at any one time. Staff reserve the right to further limit the number of loans each patron may have. Most interlibrary loans take about one to three weeks to arrive after the request is made. The Library will notify the person upon receipt of the requested materials.