The Engineering Department provides quality, cost effective engineering and construction inspection services to assist in the construction and maintenance of public property. This department coordinates and provides a broad range of technical and engineering support to various City departments.
Services include: engineering, planning, design, project management, and construction management for municipal infrastructure and facilities.
Records Available through Engineering:
- Fema Flood Zones
- Section Corner Ties
- 31 Parks
- 685+ Water Valves
- 4,800+ Sanitary Sewer Manholes
- Video tapes of Sanitary Sewer Pipe
- Subdivisions (Lot dimensions and easements)
- 275+ miles of Sanitary Sewer
- 991+ Sanitary Sewer Cleanouts
- 9 Sanitary Sewer Lift Stations
- 291+ miles of Water Line
- 375+ miles of Streets
- 63 sectional aerial photographs on 36"x36" film and digitized computer files
Permits Available through Engineering:
- Right-of-Way Permit (Driveway/Sidewalk/Other): new, replace, or widen driveway or sidewalk - $35.00
- Excavation Permit: cut or fill more than 12 inches - $0.01/cubic yard, $5.00 minimum charge
- Floodplain Encroachment Permit: building within an identified Special Flood Hazard area
Agreements Available through Engineering:
- Crossing Agreement - non-franchise companies only; $100 and will have to be approved by the City Council.
- Closing of Public Way or Easement - street/alley closing application - $150 and will have to be approved by the City Council.
Drawings of Plans Available:
- Street Improvement plans
- Sanitary Sewer plans
- Municipal Facility plans
- Flood Control plans
- Park Development plans
- Water Works plans
- City of Enid Standard Construction Specification plans
- City of Enid Parking Lot Standards
Maps Available in the following sizes:
- City Map - 36"x36" - Scale 1"=2000' - $3.00 per copy
- 4 Piece City Map - 36"x48" (4 - 18"x24" sheets) - Scale 1"=1000' - $4.00 per copy
- 2 Piece City Wall Map 72"x72" (2 - 36"x72" sheets) - Scale 1"=1000' - $10.00 per copy
- Traffic Counts Map -36"x36" - Scale 1"=2000' - $3.00 per copy
- Ward Maps - 36"x36" - Scale 1"=2000' - $3.00 per copy
- Other City of Enid maps - $0.35 per sq. ft./$3.00 min.
Contact Information - Executive Assistant: 580-616-7243