CDBG Grant Eligibility

The City of Enid does NOT provide grants to individuals or to for-profit businesses.  

The City of Enid may provide a portion of it's CDBG funds on a competitive basis to eligible outside agencies for specific eligible activities that meet the CDBG National Objectives and that will further the City's goals and objectives.

From time to time the City will utilize sub-recipients to carry out part of the federal award received by this jurisdiction.  If the City chooses to request assistance from eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to undertake projects using our federal award, we will make that announcement in the local daily circulated newspaper.  The announcement and/or Request for Applications/Proposals will happen between December-February each year.  Applications will be posted on the website and can be requested by emailing the CDBG Director, Stephanie Moffitt at

We do NOT fund individuals, for profit businesses or non-profit organizations that do not qualify.  

Beneficiaries of CDBG funded projects must be low income.  Other eligibility requirements apply and vary from project to project. The City doesn't provide direct services to citizens. However, if you are eligible for services provided by one of our sub-recipients you must contact that agency directly. Sub-recipient organizations are responsible for the qualification and approval of services process.  

2018 List of Sub-recipients & Programs 

  • CDSA-Emergency Repairs & Barrier Removal.
  • Booker T. Washington Community Center-After School Youth Program. 
  • Making A Difference Inc. Vertical at Longfellow Middle School-After School Youth Program.
  • Zoe Kids Cafe-After School Youth Program.

Questions?  Contact Stephanie Moffitt at


Fair Housing


Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability. If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint. You have one year after an alleged violation to file a complaint with HUD, but it is important to file it as soon as possible.

HUD Form 903 Online Complaint Discrimination Form


Code Violation Complaints

Contact the City of Enid Code Administration. 

Did you know all dwellings are required to be structurally sound and all electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and other facilities in good and safe working order?  The City of Enid is committed to the health, safety and welfare of its citizens.  If you are a tenant and have concerns about the safety of your home or apartment we offer free home inspections to identify potential hazards and repair needs should they be detected.  For more information contact the Code Department at 580-616-7213 and speak with one of our inspectors Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.

State of Oklahoma Landlord and Tenant Act.


City of Enid Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Commission

2016 MLK March New paper pic

2018 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Commission Members

  • Patricia Stevenson-Chairperson
  • LaFaye Austin– Vice Chairperson
  • Jacqueline Manning-Treasurer
  • Derwin Norwood Jr.
  • Lanita Norwood
  • Linda Rollins
  • Damon McKinney
  • Emma Frazier
  • Norris Williams
  • Stephanie Moffitt                              

    To contact the CDBG Office:

    Community Development Block Grant Office
    P.O. Box 1768
    Enid, Oklahoma 73702
    Phone: 580-234-0400, extension 7211
    CDBG Coordinator: Stephanie Moffitt


The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is funded through the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is one of its oldest programs.


The City of Enid CDBG Program strives to:

  • Address obstacles to meeting underserved needs
  • Foster decent housing, public housing improvements & resident initiatives
  • Evaluate and reduce lead-based paint hazards
  • Reduce the number of persons below the poverty line
  • Develop institutional structures and
  • Enhance coordination between public and private housing and social service agencies

Impediments to Fair Housing

We promote Fair Housing!

Not sure if you are a victim of housing discrimination? Contact HUD to file an online complaint.  A link is provided below.