The Public Access Television Advisory Board was created to provide the residents of the city of Enid with the training and equipment necessary to produce non-commercial, non-profit, community television programming to be shown on the local public, educational, and governmental access channels.
The Board will be responsible for:
- Keeping the Mayor and Board of Commissioners informed on all PEG related matters;
- Making recommendations to the Mayor and Board of Commissioners regarding relevant emerging technologies and other broadcast options;
- Promoting and developing optimal utilization of the PEG system;
- Promoting community outreach and providing a forum for citizen recommendations and concerns with regard to the use of facilities, programming and other related issues;
- Promoting collaboration and support for community television that will generate an on-going commitment to providing the resources necessary for quality community television.
Board Membership and Qualifications: Seven members, appointed by the Mayor and Board of Commissioners. The Mayor, at his/her discretion, may also appoint one City Commissioner to serve as an ex-officio member of the Board.
Terms of Office: Three years.
Staff Member Assignment: Steve Kime, Director of Marketing and Public Relations. 580-616-7258.
Meeting Schedule: Meets on call as needed.
Jonathan Waddell (Commission Representative)